Old October 17th 04, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
om...

Today (Sun Oct 10, 2004), the Epping Ongar
Railway Preservation Society ran a train service
using a single class 117 DMU from Ongar to
North Weald and back; a week previously,
almost 10 years to the day since the Central
Line service was withdrawn, a test service
was run on Oct 3.

http://www.eorailway.co.uk/news.htm

The train ran today as well, and I was on it. They said that they will be
running every Sunday until Christmas. I am glad that I did it, because the
countryside is atttractive, even in the rain. The train reminded me a bit
too much of the horrible things that used to do Gospel Oak to Barking until
about 3 years ago, but it's always fun to see out the front of the train
from the passenger cabin. In fact, seeing out the front is such a selling
point that I am surprised it isn't standard on all modern trains.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped