Old October 17th 04, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
umpston umpston is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

"M.Whitson" wrote in message

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
om...

Today (Sun Oct 10, 2004), the Epping Ongar
Railway Preservation Society ran a train service
using a single class 117 DMU from Ongar to
North Weald and back; a week previously,
almost 10 years to the day since the Central
Line service was withdrawn, a test service
was run on Oct 3.

http://www.eorailway.co.uk/news.htm

The train ran today as well, and I was on it. They said that they will

be
running every Sunday until Christmas. I am glad that I did it, because

the
countryside is atttractive, even in the rain. The train reminded me a

bit
too much of the horrible things that used to do Gospel Oak to Barking

until
about 3 years ago, but it's always fun to see out the front of the train
from the passenger cabin. In fact, seeing out the front is such a

selling
point that I am surprised it isn't standard on all modern trains.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Have you ever heard of the HSE, ASLEF and the RMT?

I have - what is your point?