Old October 18th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
ab ab is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

"John Rowland" wrote:

about 3 years ago, but it's always fun to see out the front of the train
from the passenger cabin. In fact, seeing out the front is such a selling
point that I am surprised it isn't standard on all modern trains.

I was very impressed, on a recent trip to Germany, to find that being
able to see out of the front of a train is the rule rather than the
exception....

The latest streamlined EMUs have a completely glass screen behind the
driver, and the three or four rows of seats behind this have dimmed
lighting so one can even continue watching after dark!

Quite spectacular viewing, especially on the hilly high-speed line
between Cologne and Frankfurt...

(ab)