Old October 18th 04, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Jon Senior Jon Senior is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Nick Cooper 625 opined the following...
Good for you. Unfortunately, in most cases I've witness or been a
party to, the cyclists in question invariably jumped reds at Pelicans,
often swerving into view from behind moto vehicles that had actually
stopped at the lights.

In which case the pedestrians weren't randomly wandering into the road
and the cyclists should have stopped. But we've been through this
already.

Oh, well that makes it perfectly alright then.

Not really but (Here we go again) compare and contrast to the same
impact involving a car travelling at a proportionally higher speed (Or
even at the same speed)! There is a reason why despite the apparent
hoards of cyclists (or so we are continually informed) that jump red
lights and ride straight at pedestrians, there is a ridiculously small
number of cycling induced pedestrian casualties each year.

Jon