Old October 18th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
M J Forbes M J Forbes is offline

Default Stocking up on Bus Saver tickets

I think the roadside ticket machines may also have sounded the death
knell for Bus Saver Tickets, since they're both solutions to the same
problem - reducing boarding times.

But have they really? I'm still shocked by the amount of would-be
passengers that are kicked off buses in the Central Zone because of the fact
that they didn't realise that they had to have a ticket before they
boarded - even now (as an aside - when was this introduced? 6months? 12
months ago?).

I'm sure that some of these were tourists, and could be forgiven for their
error, especially those without a semi-decent grasp of English, but I feel
that this thing happens all too often for it to be a coincidence. Is this
"new" rule actually published outside the country?

I was in the USA on business earlier this year, and whilst waiting in the
departure lounge at JFK, I spotted a "visitors guide" (or something along
those lines) to London, published by our friends at TfL - it was dated
September 2002, and as such didn't carry any information about this, and
also hopelessly outdated prices. As it was, I'd intended to keep it and
find out just how many inaccuracies it contained, but forgot it and left it
behind. Oh well.