Old October 18th 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Cook Chris Cook is offline

Default Parishes Loam Pit.

"David Bradley" wrote in message
I moved into the Erith area in 1997 and have recently started work at
Birch House off Birch walk in Erith.

My other half, who is very much into narrow gauge railways, tells me
that that the industrial unit off Birch Walk is on part of the site of
the former Parishes Loam Quarry which had a 4 foot gauge system.
However, the documentation we have is very limited and I wonder if
anyone has any photos, maps and literature on Parishes Loam Pit.

Hazel Brewer

Try a Google on 'PARISH'S LOAM' - there's a scarce 1959 book on the system,
which closed in 1957.

Chris Cook
Beckenham, Kent