Old October 20th 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Alex Alex is offline

Default Stocking up on Bus Saver tickets

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:19:12 +0200, "tim"
wrote:

"M J Forbes" wrote in message
I think the roadside ticket machines may also have sounded the death
knell for Bus Saver Tickets, since they're both solutions to the same
problem - reducing boarding times.

But have they really? I'm still shocked by the amount of would-be
passengers that are kicked off buses in the Central Zone because of the
fact that they didn't realise that they had to have a ticket before they
boarded - even now (as an aside - when was this introduced? 6months? 12
months ago?).

I'm sure that some of these were tourists, and could be forgiven for their
error, especially those without a semi-decent grasp of English, but I feel
that this thing happens all too often for it to be a coincidence. Is this
"new" rule actually published outside the country?

I don't think that it's published outside of london.

I live well within the London commuting area (when I'm actually
in the UK) and were it not for the fact that I take this group I wouldn't
know stuff all about this new rule.

Indeed. I'm a regular visitor to London, and as I usually avail myself
of a Travelcard, or hop one stop or two on the tube, but I knew
nothing about it untill the discussion came up here.

Alex