Old October 20th 04, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

David Jackman wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote in
:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Aidan Stanger wrote:

Am I right in thinking the mayor's completely lost popular support?

No.

I know this because a few months ago, we had one of those 'election'
things, where people got to say who they supported, and more people
supported him than anyone else. See:

http://www.londonelects.org.uk/results/mayor/index.html

HTH.

tom

Which shows that 86.8% of the electorate didn't vote for Ken as first
choice. Most, is fact, didn't vote atall.

You may be able to infer that they didn't vote for Ken, but because they
didn't vote at all, neither can you infer that they didn't support him.
However, you might say that since they didn't vote, their opinion can't
be very important.

All the more reason for compulsary voting during a newly-created midweek
bank holiday, with a "None of the above" option added to ballot papers.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7