Old October 20th 04, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

In message , at 09:54:16 on
Wed, 20 Oct 2004, David Hansen
remarked:
Of course, cars do not routinely deliberate
travel on pavements, but many cyclists certainly do.

Correct. They are inanimate objects.

However, car drivers do routinely and deliberately travel on
pavements. I see it every day.

I also see cyclists do the same thing.

I've often seen cars *on* the pavement, but rarely had difficulty with
one that was *driving* along the pavement. Never has one come close to
threatening me (although sometimes it's inconvenient to get past them).

However, I have often had collisions, or had to move very fast to avoid
one, when a cyclist has been making progress along the pavement while
ignoring the pedestrians. And no, these were not "shared use" pavements.