Old October 20th 04, 01:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm & Nika Malcolm & Nika is offline

Default Ticket Checks at Vauxhall LU

If what you say is correct it is against all procedures.....circulating
areas, particularly at the top of the escalator must be fee flowing to
prevent accidents... I will be there tommorrow morning and have a look.

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
It seems that at least every week there are ticket checks at Vauxhall
Victoria line station. I am not sure that I see the point of
constantly checking the valitity of a ticket when the gate would
reject an invalid ticket.
This morning there was a dangerous mass of people congergrating at the
top of the escalator resulting in a lot of pushing and shoving as
everybody had their tickets visually checked.
What are they expecting to find?

Kevin