Old October 20th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster and no capping

Tim wrote:

From the oystercard.com site

"We are looking at ‘capping’ the maximum amount you will pay in any one
day but have no firm details or a planned introduction date at present."

Given this, do you think it would be a good idea for 1 day travel cards
to be possible on Oyster?

It is rare that I need a 1 day travelcard - it just seems so backwards
to have to go back to a paper ticket.

Oh no... it was "later this year", then it was "next year", now it's "no
planned introduction date". I wonder what the hold-up is. A lot of
people expect this function from Oyster, and are somewhat disappointed
when they find out it's not on it and won't be for the foreseeable future.

I'm in favour of ODTCs and day bus passes on Oyster until capping can be
brought in, although I'd rather capping were brought in earlier!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7