Old October 21st 04, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Livingstone's latest wheeze

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Apparently Livingstone wants to fit GPS-controlled speed limiters to buses
and taxis which will prevent them from ever breaking the speed limit.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...nderbonnet.htm

The consequences seem fairly obvious to me.

How does he expect this to work? Any tall buildings or tunnels will disrupt
the satellite signal plus , though I expect bus & taxi companies wouldn't
break the law , there would be nothing to prevent an owner-operator taxi driver
disconnecting or shielding the aerial of the unit wherever it may be in the
vehicle so it can't pick up any satellite signals. And if these things ever
have to be fitted to private cars thats exactly what I'll do.

B2003