Old October 21st 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default A406 upgrades

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

Where are the footbridges at Henlys?

It's down the road at the Brent St & Golders Green Rd crossroads.

I wouldn't call that virtually unused - there always seem to be at least one
person on it.

Incidentally, I have just designed a grade separated
junction for Henlys on the back of an envelope.
It's easy - all it needs is two perpendicular bridges
and one somewhat skew bridge to give both the A1
and the A406 a straight run through.

I sense problems involved with Mutton Brook which
runs directly alongside the site. If you sink a foundation,
won't it just fill up with water there? (Bearing in mind I
know nothing about engineering).

Neither do I, but if you look at the infrastructure a little further down at
Brent Cross and Staples Corner, I don't see why there would be
insurmountable problems. The official plan for Henlys involved two forked
tunnels each about a kilometre long, so I can't see three bridges, which are
in effect very short tunnels, being a show-stopper.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped