Old October 21st 04, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Livingstone's latest wheeze

"Dan Gravell" wrote in message

As far as I am concerned no taxi drivers want to take
me home anyway, so why should I care for their demise?

I wasn't suggesting that the All-London taxi drivers would be affected, but
that the suburban taxi drivers, who have only done the knowledge for a part
of the suburbs and are only allowed to pick up in that area, would be
affected. If you're angry with All-London taxi drivers who won't take you to
the suburbs, don't take it out on suburban taxi drivers.

Incidentally, the new directional rank at Cranbourn Street should make it a
lot easier to get a taxi to the furthest reaches of the suburbs, at least
late at night.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped