Old October 22nd 04, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster capping on BBC News

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:09:58 +0100, "Jonathan Davies"
wrote:

"JB" wrote in message
Anybody see the article about Oyster on BBC London news at 10?

Apparently TfL say they want to wait until after the prices go up next
year
before introducing capping "in order to not confuse customers".

AKA screw the punter for as much as we can while we can get away with it.

while I understand the cynicism the fare changes next year will make
capping much more complex [1]. It is no surprise that it is delayed if
TfL keep changing the fares structure that the software and card logic
has to understand.

I think we'll be very lucky to see anything emerge on capping by May of
next year - and that's simply my guess.

[1] e.g. three different concepts of what "Peak" and "off peak" means -
bus pre-pay, tube pre-pay and then one day travelcard / lt card off
peak.
--
Paul C