Old October 23rd 04, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Jon Senior Jon Senior is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

In article , nick.cooper-
says...
So you would advocate, say, stopping funding on all types of medical
research bar that into cancer, and concentrate entirely on that?

How about banning research into new cosmetics and putting the money into
cancer research? I'm sure that I can find a suitable (small) selection
of people who have died as a result of not looking good, but I certainly
wouldn't consider it to be an equal priority.

It's a simple system really. When saving lives, divide effort according
to the number of lives that can be saved. You would presumably put equal
effort into all areas regardless of threat?

Jon