Old October 23rd 04, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default ELL odity

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:36:44 +0000 (UTC), "Jonn Elledge"
wrote:

Looking at my handy and informative central London bus map, I noticed that
the locations of several proposed East London Line stations (Shoreditch,
Hoxton, and possibly Haggerston as well) are inside the zone 1 boundary.

I think it's unlikely that they'll remain there on the final line - stations
inside zone 1 with no interchange would just push up fares and detract from
one of the major arguments for the extension. So, does this mean the zonal
boundaries are going to have to be redrawn specifically for the ELL?

why do you imagine that it is unlikely they'll stay in Zone 1? I'd
imagine that they'll stay exactly in Zone 1 so as to maximise the
revenue potential of the line. I take your point about it being more
popular if it was all in Zone 2 but by no means is Bishopsgate in Zone 2
even if you moved the boundary for the others.
--
Paul C