Old October 23rd 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default If bikes were licensed, where would the plate go, and how big?

Usenet ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

So - and I'm only going with this because I'm thinking about the
practicalities - all bikes should have mudguards, racks, or some kind of
frame to attach the plate to?

Is there anything wrong with the saddle post? Or a bracket off one of the
rear frame members?

Would you want the plate(s) lit at night?
How does one do this?

With a light.

Ah, thanks. Not as helpful a remark as it could have been - what do you
think of the EL-wire idea?

There's got to be a red rear light, right?

So why not have a small white-light cutout in that?

Should all age-groups be licensed?

Yes. With the parents being resposible for the stupidity of their
small children.

You're not a parent, are you? No, neither am I, but I can see a flaw in
you're thinking there.

You're right. Parents seem to refuse to accept responsibility for their
little turds these days in everything else, why should cycling be any
different?