Old October 24th 04, 07:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Troy Steadman Troy Steadman is offline

Default Trivia: Declining passenger numbers

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"John Turner" wrote in message
. ..

Kensington Olympia?

It's in W14, not KT, and still has 3 platforms (the OP specified fewer than
3, which cuts out my suggestion of Twickenham) - 2 for National Rail and 1
for LUL. Not far away is Willesden Junction (NW10), which at its peak had
around 15 platforms, and now has 5.

Peter

Yes Peter you were right the first time, Epsom Downs is the station I
was thinking of, cut down from 9 platforms plus 8 or so sidings,
and a turntable when it was built to the current single line. I was
shown round the huge signal box by a bored signalman thirty years ago
and couldn't believe its magnitude, levers everywhere.

http://www.wymann.info/EpsomDowns/EpsomDowns.html
http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/s...s/index4.shtml