Old October 24th 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Tindale Ian Tindale is offline

Default Bus lane enforcement

Paul Corfield wrote:

I think it is demonstrably the case that bus ridership has increased,
that running costs due to congestion have fallen and that the bus
companies are making big profits from running in London. How much of
that can be directly lined to bus lane enforcement is hard to say but
more and better bus lanes do help the efficacy of the bus network.

Also, given that we've had congestion charging in place for a while now, and
that bus fares are going up next year, why is this? I'd have thought the
money accumulated from the congestion charge would've meant that fares can
become lower.
--
Ian Tindale