Old August 2nd 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Yellow Arrows on Tube Ticket

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:17:09 +0100 CJG wrote:
} In message , Dave
} writes
} So if you had a trolley full of shopping at your local supermarket, but
} not every single checkout was in operation - would you leave without
} paying whilst taking all the goods and claim it was the supermarket's
} fault? Or would that be considered theft?
}
} *If* there was absolutely no opportunity for you to purchase a ticket
} at your destination, then (and only then) would I say you had a point.
} If you had an opportunity to purchase a ticket at your destination, but
} chose not to do so simply because there wasn't someone there to *make*
} you buy one - that makes you a thief.
}
} As I stated. Someone in a London Underground uniform announced to the
} queue for the ticket office that if anyone wanted to pay at the
} destination that they could and then opened the manual gate and let
} quite a few people (including me) through.

I would suggests that the option being offered was to pay at the
destination or wait to pay there. Not to pay at the destination or not
pay at all.

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/