Old October 24th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Bus lane enforcement

"Matt Wheeler" wrote in message

"Ian Tindale" wrote in message
Paul Corfield wrote:

Also, given that we've had congestion charging
in place for a while now, and that bus fares are
going up next year, why is this? I'd have thought
the money accumulated from the congestion
charge would've meant that fares can become lower.

My understanding was that Congesion charging had
been working better than expected, in deterring
motorists from the zone, and therefore the
amount of charge they are getting in isn't as
high as expected/hoped for.

In which case the buses should be running faster than anticipated, and the
same frequency of service can be provided with fewer vehicles and staff, so
fares should still be able to go down. Also the average bus is fuller than
it was, also allowing fares to go down.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped