Old October 25th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Wheelchair sighting

Tom Anderson wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 22 Oct 2004:

Now, if LU could supply staff at the stations to do the hefting (not
dedicated staff - i'm thinking that normal platform staff could do it),
that would be much better. Still, not ideal.

At Clapham Junction they have a special machine to hoist wheelchairs up
the stairs. I've seen it being used (but the poor wheelchair user
couldn't then board the train he wanted as it was too full, much to his
fury!) but can't now remember exactly how it worked. However, I do
remember it was being operated by a far-from-hefty young woman, so it
must have been fairly easy.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/