Old August 2nd 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Darryl Chamberlain Darryl Chamberlain is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

"Ed Crowley" wrote in message t...

It would be nice if RMs were retained, even if it was only for tourist
services. Personally, I think the bendy buses are much better (faster than
a RM, less dangerous than a double-decker).

Having struggled down the Old Kent Road on the 453 and N453 a couple
of times, I think the bendy bus is slower and more cumbersome than a
Routemaster or regular double-decker.

They work a treat on faster routes like the Red Arrow - it suits the
507 down to the ground - but on slower, stop-start-stop-start services
they're an almighty pain.

Darryl