Old October 26th 04, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:47:51 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:40:40 GMT, Nick Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:17:33 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith
wrote:

I was commenting on what you said on a particular occasion. An
occasion that you subsequently repeatedly denied occurred.

Tell me, Ian, can you now - hand-on-heart - steadfastly stick by every
single thing you have ever said on Usenet? Have you never given an
answer only to realise later that it wasn't complete, or you'd
overlooked some detail, and so it gave a completely different
impression to to the one you intended?

Of the occasions where I have said something that turns out not to be
true, both in real life and on usenet, I am not aware of a single one
where I have repeatedly denied saying what I actually did say. If you
believe otherwise, I am happy to re-examine any particular case you
have in mind.

You will note that I have not made any comment here on whether or not
cyslists are as bad as motorists - the factual accuracy or otherwise
of your statement is not what interests me in this case. My
observations are purely limited to your repeated denial that you said
what you did. As such, teh accuracy or otherwise of everything I have
ever said is not only irrelevant, but also not even a comparable or
reciprocal case.

You are just talking total crap. I made _one_ denial in error of
something I'd said previously, and corrected myself the following day.
I could ask you to specifically identify these supposed "repeated
denials" you're referring to, but it's clear from the fact that you
haven't already that you either can't or won't. In fact, the only
thing I have "repeatedly denied" is that anything I have said about
bad cyclists was as an "excuse" for the behaviour of bad motorists
(which, aof course, was the totality of the statement I was
insufficiently clear in denying on 22/10). It's fairly clear that
you're only prepared to believe what you want to believe, so as far as
I'm concerned you can **** off..
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk