Old October 26th 04, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:50:02 +0100 someone who may be Roland Perry
wrote this:-

The Home Office came up with a way of oppressing people, called RIP
and pushed it through the Westminster rogues gallery. If some bod
decides to impose a gaging order then a victim of this "law" cannot
tell their lover, religious advisor or anyone else that their
communications are being read by some official.

I fear you are conflating the powers to intercept communications, and
that to demand a key if they turn out to be encrypted.

Not in this case:-)

My wording of "communications are being read by some official" is
not precise, but referred to some official reading encrypted
communications, by whatever means.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.