Old October 26th 04, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

In message , at 13:48:39 on
Tue, 26 Oct 2004, David Hansen
remarked:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:50:02 +0100 someone who may be Roland Perry
wrote this:-

The Home Office came up with a way of oppressing people, called RIP
and pushed it through the Westminster rogues gallery. If some bod
decides to impose a gaging order then a victim of this "law" cannot
tell their lover, religious advisor or anyone else that their
communications are being read by some official.

I fear you are conflating the powers to intercept communications, and
that to demand a key if they turn out to be encrypted.

Not in this case:-)

My wording of "communications are being read by some official" is
not precise, but referred to some official reading encrypted
communications, by whatever means.

Close, but just because your key has been acquired doesn't mean it's
being used to read your communications. Unless you only use the key for
communications; and even then it might just one or two that access is
required to, not all of them; and even then, they may have been acquired
by a search warrant and not interception.