Old October 26th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default [OT] RIPA was Bus driver complaint and OYBike

In message , at 12:46:29 on Tue, 26 Oct
2004, Arthur Clune remarked:
: So you like crooks being able to tip off their comrades? Very good.

And you think they won't anyway?

Just like they'll rob banks anyway (haven't we been round this block
once before?)

The trouble will all this sort of stuff is that it's always a trade off
between the risks to the innocent and being able to convict the guilty.
I think RIPA (and a lot of more recent developments) draw the line in
the wrong place.

RIPA draws the line in a place decided by other legislation. The crime
has to be serious enough. If you are paranoid enough to think that a
future government will make insert your pet activity here illegal, and
subject to GAK, then that new law could just as easily have the GAK
within it.