Old October 28th 04, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Crossing of the Victoria and Piccadilly lines north of Finsbury Park

Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
Tom Anderson writes

We had a very brief argument about this a month or so ago; Barry
Salter said they did, i said they didn't, and Clive threatened to
excavate as much of north London as was necessary to find out.

This is not an authoritative answer, but i did finally notice that
according to Quail, they do cross, and the crossing is indeed a
little way south of Harringay Green Lanes; probably too far to
build a station with interchange, though.

On a more general note, how can one go about getting accurate
information about the routes of underground railways? Are there
some sort of official maps somewhere?

There is the map at the end of ...

http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf

... it is not wonderfully detailed, but it does show that crossing
point south of Green Lanes.

But is that just luck? The map is wrong in other areas, for example the
Jubilee Line between Baker Street and Bond Street, or DLR at Bank.

I haven't yet found a fully accurate map. The nearest I have is an old
(1956) Bartholemew's Central London Atlas-Guide, but of course that's
now very out of date. The .pdf street maps in the TfL Journey Planner
also appear to be quite accurate, though it can be tricky to get it to
display the one you want.

I have never seen one which shows the two sharp double-bends on the
Piccadilly Line east of South Kensington.
--
Richard J.