Old October 28th 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Troy Tempest Troy Tempest is offline

Default Renting a Routemaster

"David FitzGerald" wrote in message
Hi -

I am thinking of renting a Routemaster next summer for a wedding. Probably
will need to be a RML, since there'll be about 70 people I think. Going

from
a hotel near Heathrow to Wentworth Golf Club in the afternoon, and back to
the hotel after the wedding, so a return trip (only 8-10 miles).

I thought there must be lots of places renting these, but can only find a
handful. I found this page:
http://www.routemaster.org.uk/links.htm#BusHire and called the companies

on
it - but the chepest quote for a return I got was £550, which sounds like

lot to me. Perhaps I just don;t understand the expenses involved.

Can anyone give some advice how to get a good deal to hire a Routemaster

for
a wedding?

Thanks,
David.

Thats probably about right for a days hire; a days wages for the driver, a
tankful of fuel ( 200 litres x 89p per litre?) a bit of admin and some
profit and 600 Quid would just do it.

Compare a fleet of hire cars/limos/taxis for 70 drunk persons??

Neil