Old August 3rd 03, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jeff Mowatt Jeff Mowatt is offline

Default Pavement cycling

Good point, Matthew

I wonder what effort, if any, the police make nowadays? Here in SW London
I don't see much evidence but then it's rather more likely that one will
run into the film set of "The Bill" than a real policemen. I suppose that
might be some kind of deterrent. But then, I've even seen one of them (the
ex-Broodside chappie) cycling up to the front entrance of Safeway and
dismounting in the doorway. Some role model!

Jeff

[Rose-tinted spectacles time] When I were a kid... Well, seriously when
I was at Junior school a police officer came into the school for one
day every term to put us cyclists through our paces, make sure we knew
the rules and how to ride safely. I wonder if anything like that goes
on these days becasue I see very little evidence of it on the roads.