Old October 29th 04, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Crossing of the Victoria and Piccadilly lines north of Finsbury Park

"David Splett" wrote in message
"Phil Richards" wrote in message
T...
David Splett wrote:

I'd always assumed they cross somewhere between Manor House station

and
Woodberry Grove, where there are shafts down to both lines. Woodberry

Grove
is quite a way north of Harringay Green Lanes, IIRC.

Woodbury Grove joins Green Lanes just north of Manor House, and several
hundred yards south of Harringay Green Lanes.

Sorry, you're absolutely right - I means *south* of HGL.

If I can add to this discussion, my AtoZ of c 1970 shows the two lines at
Manor House. The Victoria line appears to cross the Picadilly line at about
the junction of Wells Terrace and Stroud Green Road, and again on the NE
corner of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road. There is another crossing to
the west of the junction of Gillespie Road and Drayton Park. That is three
crossings in all.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm