Old August 3rd 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange

"Matthew Malthouse" wrote in message
.. .

But a single fare ticket would be retained on exit at Monument would it
not - at least I can't recall that there are any out-of-barrier
interchanges there necessitating the retention of a single - so the
circumstance couldn't arise.

Only a multiple journey ticket of some kind would allow exit at Monument
and immediate re-entry at Tower Hill so where is the revenue problem?

Maybe if I have time to waste I'll try it on my monthly.

Possibly they think that if a ODTC has been used to exit Monument and then
used to enter Tower Hill shortly afterwards it is likely that it has been
transferred to somebody else.

Peter Smyth