Old October 30th 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default When you (or your Oyster card ) lose your magnetism

On 29 Oct 2004 18:49:12 GMT, (CharlesPottins)
wrote:
My nice exciting state of the art plastic card Freedom Pass which I picked up
on third attempt earlier this year has somehow lost its magnetism. After a sort
of flickering half-life which meant pressing it on to the barrier reader
differently, or moving on to the next barrier, or asking the LT staff to let
you out, it has finally given up the ghost. Anybody else have trouble, or know
how common this is?

My Oyster is like that... last night I went on four buses and on the
first three it was just as you describe, though the fourth worked
first time. Usually it says "Card communication error". It seems to
have been getting worse though oddly it almost always works on the
underground.

I believe I can take it to any LU station to fill in a form and have
it replaced - pity you can't do that with a Freedom Pass...

Another Richard.