Old October 30th 04, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Phil is offline

Default When you (or your Oyster card ) lose your magnetism

the road and get the new pix.

I wonder how many pensioners trying to renew their Freedom Passes this
year have been inconvenienced by that nonsense. I should try another
Post Office if I were you, and complain in writing to the manager
(postmaster?) of the incompetent one.

I'm not aware of such problems round here (Chiswick), or of problems
with the passes themselves, apart from the occasional non-working
reader, generally on buses.

Reminds me of the Jackass in our local post office. Benefits agency
send me a form for temporary DLA for an injured child. It says on the
form take this to the post office and exchange it for your payment
book. Idiot behind counter says wrong form, refuses to hand over book
and does not have the wits to phone up. I phone benefits agency and
tell them to ring him. They do and he hands over book. This is
indicative of the halfwits that are employed by the PO
HTH Phil