Old August 3rd 03, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange

"Peter Smyth" wrote the following in:

"Matthew Malthouse" wrote in
message .. .

But a single fare ticket would be retained on exit at Monument
would it not - at least I can't recall that there are any
out-of-barrier interchanges there necessitating the retention of
a single - so the circumstance couldn't arise.

Only a multiple journey ticket of some kind would allow exit at
Monument and immediate re-entry at Tower Hill so where is the
revenue problem?

Maybe if I have time to waste I'll try it on my monthly.

Possibly they think that if a ODTC has been used to exit Monument
and then used to enter Tower Hill shortly afterwards it is likely
that it has been transferred to somebody else.

It still seems a bit harsh. What if you just wanted to get out and walk
along the river (which could seem very appealing with this weather and
crowded trains) or something similar?

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.