Old October 30th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default London v Paris

"Richard J." wrote in message

Similarly at High Street Kensington, where the line runs north-south,
but station announcements sometimes refer to a "westbound Circle Line
train", meaning (I think) one that is going south and then east. The
directions are based on the District Line trains which share the same
tracks but go south, then west.

Yet, bizarrely, out of the public arena we refer to Circle trains as either
clockwise/anticlockwise or Inner Rail/Outer Rail!