Old August 3rd 03, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default london bus arrival time estimations (the digital thing at the bus stands)

"Robert Woolley" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 03:22:49 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Robert Woolley" wrote in message
.. .

The system which gives priority to buses at traffic lights
is being converted from inductive loop/transponder
technology to beacons progressively.

I wasn't aware such a system existed.
Where could I see concrete evidence of the system in
operation? (Not including the bus gate in Claygate,

I meant Clayhall...

Converted sites usually have a beacon 50m upstream of the signals.
The beacon is mounted on a post of its own.

For inductive loop sites, there is no physical evidence.

Thanks, but I wasn't at all clear: when I said "concrete evidence" I didn't
mean visible infrastructure, I just meant that if I stood at the traffic
lights I would see them change whenever a bus came along.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped