Old October 31st 04, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Tom is offline

Default Ealing to Oxford - anyone advise me on the commute?

Usually a 10 min tailback on Hanger Lane to join the A40.

Argyle Road is usually easier.

The A40 itself is a fairly hateful stretch of road, though not quite as
bad west of the gyratory as it is closer to town.

I know a number of people who commute in the opposite
direction from places like Oxford or Bicester and they seem
to manage. They're all early birds of course.

Thanks for the info. I used to come into Wembley from Wycombe so I know the
flow of traffic into town, and hopefully things are easier going the other way
(my journey M40 J4 to Oxford is usually fine).
I'll check out Argyle Road. I'm most likely to get a short let while keeping my
local flat, so I can test the water before committing to a full move.
Tom