Old October 31st 04, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Trivia: Hook Underpass (Ace of Spades)

In message , CIG_BIG_CIG
writes

What I meant by this question was if I was at the roundabout I can
only go towards London on the A3 there is no direct access to the
southbound A3 you have to go to Esher first. Has it never been
possible to get directly from Hook to the A3 southbound?

Yes, as has already been explained, before the Esher by-pass was built
the road that is now the A309 heading towards Esher *was* the southbound
A3 - so in those days there was indeed direct access from the Hook
roundabout.

It was only after the A3 got "moved" (due to the opening of the Esher
bypass) that the former direct access became instead direct access to
the A309.

--
Paul Terry