Old October 31st 04, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Missed the bus heading towards Hook?

In message , Troy
Steadman writes

Having put the Aces of Spades on the map for a brief moment, perhaps
you can help me solve a mystery. The K1 bus used to do a lollipop
around the Hook Overpass (if I may call it that): if you missed any
bus going towards Hook you could catch it again 2 minutes later at the
opposite stop.

And presumably you mean it was still going towards Hook?

I distinctly remember the 152 which terminates at New Malden doing the
same thing in the 1980's terminating at Surbiton and visiting each of
the stops North of the roundabout on every journey in every direction.

Everyone says I'm wrong.

Ian's bus stop has a history of 152 route changes:
http://www.londonbuses.co.uk/

Such an arrangement must be commonplace but I've never seen it
anywhere else.

If you mean a route that includes going out to, say, an industrial
estate, and then returns via the same road(s) then yes, that is indeed
common - a lot of the buses in the Heathrow area (most notably the 805)
do that, but there are plenty of other examples.

--
Paul Terry