Old October 31st 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default 83 TS photos

"RayB" wrote in message
What will happen to the 83 stock? Will someone try and save a car
or two as a reminder(!) or will it go for scrap?

I think LU would rather like the trains to disappear into thin air; they
were never popular - the whole saga is a bit of a disaster from beginning to
end, and I doubt many people want to be reminded of it.

One car is preserved at the LT Museum - 3734, which I believe was the final
car to be delivered back in the 1980s. There are a couple of other cars with
medium-term futures - one at Acton Works used for ERU training, and one at
the Design Research Establishment at Garston (near Watford), used for
climatic testing. Unless anyone knows anything different, all the remaining
cars are destined for scrapping.