Old November 1st 04, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Bakerloo Line Extension

Dave Arquati wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 1 Nov 2004:

I don't think there's any doubt that a Bakerloo extension would provide
a much better service to Camberwell; it's all about the cost really. A
cost-benefit analysis would prove illuminating; this is a busy bus
corridor and the Bakerloo must have unused capacity on northbound
trains from Elephant & Castle in the morning peak (and vice versa in the
evening).

It certainly does in the evening - if I want to go to Paddington, as
very occasionally I do, from where I live between Brixton and Clapham, I
find I have an infinitely more pleasant journey if I take the Northern
Line to the Elephant, or even to Waterloo, and change there, rather than
trying to get on a Bakerloo Line train at Oxford Circus. The train
fills at Waterloo and Charing Cross, but between Elephant and Waterloo
it's practically empty.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/