Old November 1st 04, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default London v Paris

John Rowland wrote:
"patrick" root@localhost wrote in message

LU doesn't seem to care and assumes everybody
speaks English. Which is true, but it says a lot about
the London state of mind vs. the Paris state of mind.

I'm not convinced. When I was in Paris, the woman selling tickets in the
Eiffel Tower didn't speak a word of English. At Paris's number one tourist
attraction, I thought that was very poor.

I reckon she found you so sexy, she assumed you were bilingual, John:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3966413.stm