Old November 1st 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Bakerloo Line Extension

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message k...
"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Nick Cooper wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 1 Nov 2004:

I'd hate to see what the in-car track diagram would look like, though!

Presumably they'd do as they do on the District/Circle lines and have
some and some, according to which destination the particular train
normally served.

Or perhaps, as with the Met/H&C/Circle in the early 1990s, the 'new' branch
would have been badged as a line in its own right.

The Palace Line? Alexandra Palace to Moorgate via Finsbury Park?

It could be treated like the Wimbleware service on the District, with
some peak-time interworkings from the Northern Line High Barnet
branch; during the peaks we could have Kennington-Alexandra Palace via
Highgate LL, or High Barnet to Moorgate via Highgate HL.

It would definitely lessen the pressure on Camden Town, and even more
so on the City branch. If the HSE could be talked into allowing 1995TS
and 313s to interwork like they do on the Bakerloo Line, you'd get
even better use of the old GN&CR.