Old November 2nd 04, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Cummins Paul Cummins is offline

Default When was Praed Street Junction built?

In article , (Mark Brader)
wrote:

What I never thought about until now is that the tracks in the *fore-
ground*, which now form the Circle and District Line tracks, are mixed
gauge in the lithograph. I have never seen anything to suggest that
broad-gauge trains used those tracks. Does anyone know how far toward
South Ken the broad-gauge rails ran, and whether they were ever used?

They didn't, as can be seen if you take a look at the tunnel width at the
junction. The lithographer used artistic licence.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981