Old November 2nd 04, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Ealing to Oxford - anyone advise me on the commute?

kedron wrote:
On 1-Nov-2004, Brimstone wrote in
:

He could use the time even more productively by living in Oxford and
not commuting. Plus he'd cut his travelling costs.

Well he could sleep at his desk and wouldn't need to travel at all.

You're assuming he works at a desk? I've not seen anything to support that.

The fact is he wants to live in Ealing, and frankly speaking, I can
think of worse places -- Oxford being one of them.

Which is the primary cause of all the unnecessary mileage on the roads.

I agree that most of Ealing is perfectly pleasant, I grew up there.
Similarly, I suspect that not all of Oxford and it's environs are bad
either. I'm simply baffled by this wish that so many people have to wste
time, money and effort commuting further than is absolutely necessary.