Old November 2nd 04, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default London v Paris

Richard J. wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 2 Nov 2004:

Mrs Redboots wrote:
When did they bring space trains on to Line 1? Last time I was
there, a couple of years ago, we travelled on both lines, and line
1 still had 2nd-generation rubber-wheel trains.

David Pirmann's tour of the Paris Métro at
http://world.nycsubway.org/eu/fr/paris dates from April 2000, and Line 1
seems to have been largely populated with the new MP89 stock at that
time. Incidentally, although he refers to the cars as "articulated",
they have conventional bogies on each car, not shared ones.

Hmmm - thinking about it, it's quite possible I haven't been on the
Metro since 1999..... where does the time go? It might have been 2000,
but I'm not sure!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/