Old November 2nd 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adam Adam is offline

Default 2005 fares leaflet

On 2004-11-02 21:29:55 +0000, "Robin Mayes"
said:

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

Sorry to answer my own post - but page 23 or the current Fares guide

says
LT cards are valid "West Ruislip/South Ruislip to Marylebone (but not
intermediate stations)".

Looking at this further it seems even TfL are not sure one way or the

other.
According to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...lability.shtml you
can travel from Marylebone to West Ruislip using Oyster Prepay but not

using
paper singles or LT cards.

No, according to page 23 of the current Fares guide, LT cards are valid
between West Rusilip and South Ruislip only. Oyster Pre-pay is valid West
Ruislip/South Ruislip to Marylebone (but not intermediate stations).

The paragraph that splits the two different ticketing availability sections
isn't that easy to see unless you're looking close I must admit!

Ok, re-read (several times) and I finally saw that the Marylebone-West
Ruislip bit applies for pre-pay, not LT - although way before Oyster
came out I'm convinced that it was valid - and so has every ticket
person and inspector I've ever met.

Answer me this then (if you will). If I buy a single Oyster ticket zone
1-6 can I travel within zone 1 (lets say from Oxford Circus) to
Marylebone, change onto the Chiltern line and get off at West Ruislip?
Or, do (as I suspect) I need to get a zone 1-zone 1 ticket, then a zone
1-6 Chiltern ticket or stay totally within the Underground system?
Sorry to sound thick - but just checking!

Thanks all for your input. I think this does show how overly
complicated the ticket system has got - and what a bunch of helpful lot
we have on here!

It also now seems that buying singles each way on a daily basis (aka
Oyster pre-pay) is cheaper than buying a period travelcard. I'd always
thought you got benefit from getting an annual/period ticket.

Adam.