Old August 3rd 03, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Martin is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

In article , Dave
writes
The Only Living Boy in New Cross writes
Most people I know prefer Routemasters to others buses. I'm not sure
what it is about them but they're just better liked.

People may *say* they like them, but they certainly don't like going
upstairs on them.

I always do. I might sit downstairs on other buses - but I always go
upstairs on a Routemaster. Because access to the stairs is much easier.

Yeh, well . . . when I was 20 I would bound up and down those stairs
like a gazelle, but now I'm approaching 50 I have a problem getting
easily down the stairs, which naturally is not helped by bus-drivers
driving like maniacs (all different in my day . . conductors more
courteous . . . children better behaved . . . less fare dodgers, more
inspectors, etc. etc.)

--
Martin @ Strawberry Hill